Monday, February 22, 2010

Knitting for Geo~

My little, Georgie, brother is turning 22 next month, so I got a head-start to make him a birthday present!


Presenting the Spanish-themed scarf + wrist warmers!!
We're all 1/2 Spanish thanks to my Castillian madre, and Georgie has exceptional pride in his roots -- as you can see above. ;)

Since he lives in Boston, and it's chilly-bon-billy there, I figured why not let him stay warmer longer? Especially since he'll be leaving for a three-year contract with the Peace Corps to Africa come September!! I doubt he'll get much use of this set of wintery accessories there, but at least he will be warm for the rest of his Boston stay. :)

And since he's turning 22, I made the scarf (a simple garter stitch) 22 stitches across, like I did with Kathy's pink scarf (25 stitches for her 25 years).
And as for the wrist warmers, I made the yellow stripe 7 rows long -- lucky 7!!
I know...pretty corny... ;)

I'd originally planned on knitting him a hat, but for some reason circular needles still evade me!! ;_; Hopefully, I'll get the hang of it eventually...

Well! In the meanwhile, Georgie is happy with his new present and that makes me happy too. :)

I love you, Georgie!! Stay warm there in Boston and we can't wait to see youuuu!!

No comments:

Post a Comment