Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Duplicate Stitching

Hi, everyone!
I'd like to take this time to let you in on this new technique I've learned:
duplicate stitching!!
It has enabled me to now knit little images on any stockinette-knitted items I've created.
So far, I have made these little mittens for Ella's very good friend, Clara Fae:

For her 2nd birthday this past Monday :)

To learn how to do duplicate stitching, I highly recommend this particular video from You Tube.
I hope all you knitters out there give duplicate stitching a go, because it really gives satisfying results at very little effort.
You can bet you'll be seeing a lot of duplicate stitched goods for the upcoming holiday season! ;)

Until then, stay warm and happy duplicate stitching!!!

1 comment:

  1. You must read Granny Glittens mittens in our Christmas time tales book! Julie

    ReplyDelete