Monday, January 6, 2014

New Years Resolutions 2014

Howdy howdy!

Okay, so we're already some days into 2014, but I thought I should let you know how my 2013 New Years Resolutions went...and what is in store for 2014.

Here goes:

2013 Resolutions
[x] read the newspaper(s) daily
[x] be car-free at least 4 days a week
[ ] get Ella to sleep in her own bed
[x] try out a different church every Sunday
[x] keep on top of things better (housekeeping, etc)
[x] blog every day
[x] make a garden
[ ] floss every night
[x] get William out of diapers

So, yeah!
Not too shabby.
Lemme explain the un-x'ed ones:

"Get Ella to sleep in her own bed"
Well, Ella can fall asleep on her own (more or less) now, but as for her own bed... It's a constant struggle with us. Maybe I shouldn't call it a "struggle" because weeks can go by where I do not care a lick that she is in our bed with us. And then there are those nights when I have just had it!
But thankfully, back in early December, Dash and I really worked together to get her used to the idea of sleeping in her own bed -- which I must say was scooted right up against our bed, for crying out loud! It was pretty successful! But then the trip came and we had to share a bed with her every night, so...we'll see what it's like when she is back home from Florida. Ha! Oh well, I have a whole new year to work on getting this one completed!

"Floss every night"
For some reason I just cannot make a habit of this.
Maybe if I'd been raised from a very early age with this being an expected task. But it feels like it just sorta popped in my later years as "something to be done regularly" rather than just "when you know food is stuck between your teeth". At least my dental health is as good as ever, so no repercussions there, though I know I should definitely get on it if I want healthy teeth in the long haul!

In general, I think I stuck to my goals pretty well!
Something that helps (as always) is posting it right on my inspiration board at my desk so that I can look them over daily.

Also, I know that I checkmarked some goals that I didn't exactly accomplish in full (like blogging daily) but it was nearly as good as achieved, so I checked it.
Like William's diaper usage.
Right before our trip, things were looking dismal in that department, as he had regressed to like 3-4 diapers a day.
But on our trip -- voila! He is back to communicating his needs, and we do not have to make a point of pottying him when the clock deems it a good time. He takes the initiative himself!
While in AZ, he didn't wet his nighttime diaper once, but that might have been because of the dry climate, because he is back to having a wet diaper upon waking again. Oh, well. I'll take one diaper a day, no problem! :)

I also wonder how "on top of things" I have been in terms of the house.
I think I've been better at addressing email correspondence and other mail than usual, and the house is kept tidy. But I know I have to be better about the "deep clean" needs like in the bathroom and the kitchen.
That will be one of my goals this year.
Which brings me to my new list!

2014 Resolutions
[ ] jog every other day, do strength exercises
[ ] master the cable knit
[ ] knit some socks!!
[ ] be a savvy shopper (compare prices from different stores, etc)
[ ] keep the house cleaner
[ ] get Ella Rose to really sleep in her own bed (willingly!)

So yeah, these are pretty self-explanatory.
I swear, goals having to do with Ella Rose and her sleeping habits have been on the list every year for the past 3 years, it feels like! Ha!!

And yes, some knitting goals are back. Buya!
Overall, because of the ages that the kids are at, I feel able to craft more again.
Christmas was just a sampling of it, and I foresee much more free time as they learn to play independently, and (better yet) play with each other as playmates.

Yep. 2014 is going to be a good year.
May we have as healthy/safe/happy/productive/fun year as we did in 2013. And then some ;)

Hope you are all looking as forward to the new year as I am.
Let's make it a good one!

Until next time, take care and Happy New Years Resolutions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment