Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yarn Hunting!

Today one of my most favorite people, Celeste, invited me out to look at yarns around Corvallis. ♡

First, we hit up Fiber Nooks & Crannys which is a local shop with tons of rich, rich yarns. So lovely!! I've never felt Baby Alpaca before, but I gotta say it was great!
We didn't buy anything, but it was a great introductory exposure to all the glorious textures and oh, the colors!!!! Being an uber beginner, I figure I'll start with lotsa so-so yarn, and then save the high-end stuff for my more ambitious (skilled) endeavors~

So next we hit up good ol' Joann Fabrics ^_-
Celeste was right! So many deals and not-too-shabby textures and colors available!
Just look what I scored!!


That, my good people, is a pound of yarn!! And it's pink!!
And there was another one not shown in the photo that's purple!!!
As you can probably tell, the wheels that say "Christmas-present-making-time!!" are already turning in my head, and hopefully many a nice present (aka scarf) will be knitted from all those colors you see around Ella.
Wish me luck~!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Chrissy, I looove that picture!!! A Pound o' Love! So precious. And so are you!

    ReplyDelete