Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Living in Art

Hey hey!

So this morning I was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast, happily gazing at the walls.
What could I be looking at, you ask?
Why, the beautiful art nouveau prints we have hanging up!!
Specifically, all the Alphonse Mucha art.
This is what the view is like:

Some random product art he did and then The Seasons (alternative version) on the right

Alphonse Mucha 2014 calendar for the win! And our blackboard door :)
 I like to think of our kitchen as something of a "Mucha Shrine". Heh!
Truth be told, the other rooms don't really have that much (any) art hanging on the walls. But the fridge and any corkboard in the house is pretty covered with art from the kids...well, more like from Ella Rose. Hopefully, William will follow suit soon too :)

This afternoon, I was enjoying going over some of Ella's recent drawings as I updated her binder. We keep a binder in the office of her drawings, that we add to at the end of every week when it's time to tidy up her desk, trash the so-so drawings, and archive the better ones that show progress in one way or another. For example, since we've been reading Sailor Moon manga together, she's been duplicating the BESM (big eyes small mouth) style, which is funny to see. (Sorry I don't have any photo evidence but I will showcase some soon)

Oh!
Speaking of which, this coming weekend is the Howland Community Open Exhibition's call for art at the Art Center, where they will be showcasing any art brought in by local residents! Ella and I are already planning to contribute, maybe as a collaboration, maybe not. I will keep you updated. ;)

Speaking of which, I feel so blessed to be a part of the art community here in Corvallis.
From the very first day that we moved here, I made an effort to get in contact with the local scene because I just so very much love being a part of it, and being of aid to the many talented artists.

More recently, I've even been featured in a art show in the next town over!
The River Gallery in Independence, OR has been holding a "Wild Women" art exhibit this whole month of February that features a work of me! :)
It's only going to be up until Friday (or maybe the Friday following?) so stop by and check it out if you haven't already~!

The piece if titled "The Long Pose" by Doyle...Leek is the last name, I believe
I also try to take the children to art exhibits as often as I can.
Like I did with the Last Supper Exhibit and more recently at Mark Allison's exhibit in January with just me 'n' William :)

This is a piece I fell in love with called "Sweet September"...it might be living with us for a while too soon! :)
Other artistic events we enjoy include the Clothesline Art Sale and the Oregon Country Fair which is just chock-full of artistic expression. ♡♡♡

How do you make art a part of your and your children's lives?
Who is your favorite artist? :)

One last thing, before I let you go: a look at what breakfast I was eating while doing all this Mucha musing.


T>B: orange jice concentrate, chia seeds, frozen blue berries, bananas, whey
I've been getting mad into the smoothies these days!! :D

Anyway, until next time, take care and Happy Living in Art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment