Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Doin' Great!

Hey all,

Man I have not been updating my blog in a while!
As I mentioned in the last post, the state of my arm has something to do with it.
Granted, I can type without a problem on the computer, but in my outside life I have been opting to lay real low and therefore have not been up to anything that felt worthy of mention on the blog. Heh!

But then again, I've been having a great past couple of days and today was just the icing on the cake, so I thought I'd blog about it. So here goes:

Firstly, Saturday was just a lovely turn of events when we went over to S.G. and family's for a night of mega tamale making and eating! We split the ingredients needed, and the manual labor, and ended up making over 100 tamales, which we brought a good portion home of. Yum!! We have been eating them for lunch and snacks daily and I just cannot get sick of them! S.G.'s generous contribution of amazing mole sauce might have something do with that ;)

And now this week is starting off just awesome!
The kids hung at a friend's house most of the morning on Monday, and then today we started a child-swapping set-up with the fabulous S.G. yet again!
William will be going to her house once a week from 8:30 or so until 2pm. And we'll take her little girl another day of the week, same times. Yay!!
I can't imagine a better home for him to be in to give mama some time away and to learn to be with another little kid his age and just learn how different folks do different things in their households. In just this one day alone, it seems his communication skills are up! So I have only the highest hopes for this new set-up. :)

Speaking of William, he's also been absolutely stellar with his pottying. He's only wet one diaper a day, and today was zero I do believe. The includes night time -- he's been waking up dry consistently since Saturday. Huzzah!! :)

Today also rawked because I finally got on filling out and sending in my application for new health insurance for the family and it is looking promising in terms of covering our family's needs at an affordable price. Phew!! It helps that we are all super healthy and rarely/never go to the doctor. I will do what I can to keep that up too!

Lastly, I felt very productive both inside the house and outside, as I had some more outside work today with tutoring lessons and whatnot. It's amazing that for having a "bum arm" from the accident, I can still engage in many activities, and the only really challenging one is taking care of William because he requires so much lifting and he's so heavy! Oof!

Well, that is all for today.
I feel happy, hopeful, accomplished, grateful, and overall jazzed about this week and the ones coming.

I hope you are all feeling just as happy and let us all be thankful for all the good in our lives!

Until next time, take care and Happy Doin' Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment