Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Siblings

Hey, all!

Man, this month is going to go down as the month where I strayed from my New Year's Resolution big-time.
I bet I won't even hit double-digit posts -- gah!

Oh, well~
Let's just write off this month as "the month where my arm was just not up to snuff, so I had to take it easy" ;) Heh

Well, I was still able to do something a little nice over the weekend and I'd like to share it with you here.

Firstly, Saturday was mellow and plans-free so I did a little aimless wandering around the high school with the kiddos. We hit up a favorite spot: the duck creek

We fed old zucchini bread to the ducks -- they loved it!!
Ella Rose really is something of a "duck whisperer" and when she sits and sings, no joke, the ducks all flock to her. And she is such a good big sister to William while by the water -- making sure that he can feed the ducks too and that he doesn't get too close to the edge. This outing in particular was such an example of these two siblings at their best. I am generally very thankful that Ella Rose embraces her "Big Sister" role so well and, for the most part, doesn't see William as an annoyance she wants to get away from.
They both climbed to the top of the dirt pile in the parking lot.
 As the weather gets colder, I am definitely looking forward to snuggly inside time, but also want to make an effort to get outside. And I don't just mean neighborhood-outside -- I mean out in nature. For being one who values nature so much, I am embarrassed to admit that I don't find myself in it very much. But so long as I have all the right gear to keep us warm and dry, I don't see why we can't go out on a nature walk even in the most miserable weather! So that is my goal for this winter, and probably one you will see on my New Year's Resolution list too :)

I should also mention that on Sunday Dash and I enjoyed a lovely evening date to the theater where we watched a local production of The Sound Of Music!!!!!
One of our favorite films for sure, and one that I watched virtually every day when freshly pregnant with William - ha! :D
The cast was spot-on and the audience was even invited to sing along a couple of times, just like in the movie!!
So that was a good thing for us~

Well, I am making some yogurt and need to go tend to it now.

Until next time, take care and Happy Siblings!



No comments:

Post a Comment