Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daddy's Orange Scarf...

...is finally complete!
Earlier, this month, I started taking knitting classes for beginners, and after only learning the basics of casting on, doing a knit stitch, and binding off, I've completed my first project: the most simple orange scarf for my lovely hubby...


I used size US 11 needles and did nothing but a garter stitch the entire way with 100% acryllic 100g Bernat Satin yarn in the color "Sunset". :) It used up the entire skein!
As for the fringe, I got those from another skein of Sunset that I have, and just stuffed the tufts of yarn through the first and last rows, and tied a knot. All done!!

Daddy says he already loves it very much -- it's not orange because of Halloween nor because he's a fan of the OSU Beavers persay...he just looks really good in orange!!
But apparently, he's not the only one who's enjoying the scarf:



Other knitting goals for 09-10:

<> scarves for everyone I know

<> thigh-high stripey stockings for me

<> something for Ella!!

<> something for the kitchen...

1 comment:

  1. Thigh-high stripey stockings sound glorious....can I get something knitted too?

    Oh, Take! I miss him!

    ReplyDelete