Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yarn Tree Reinvented

Hey, everybody!
Do you remember that Yarn Tree my lovely hubby made for me back in March?

Well, ever since we moved to our new Home, it's function as a yarn-storage device ceased (due to space issues) and it was relocated to our backyard as a plastic-bag dryer (for when we've washed plastic bags for reuse).

But I'm happy to say that our lovely little Yarn Tree will be filling an even greater purpose from now on.
Behold, the Yarn Tree Reinvented:


What my ever-so creative hubby decided to do was:
- stain the wood darker to look like a real trunk
- remove the dowel branches and insert real clusters of fir tree boughs into the holes
- festoon with old Chili lights and new popcorn garlands!

The whole thing cost us $0 and perfectly fits our space needs and our matches our newfound Christmas tradition of always creating our tree from scratch.
You can see 2009's tree in this post.

Definitely an upgrade, if I do say so myself. ;)


And it's so funny, how every year I insist "no gifts this year!" and yet look at all those packages under the tree already... Oy ve~!
Granted some are from other folks, but with a great used bookstore downtown, how can I resist??
Also, you'll be seeing some more knitted presents in posts after Christmas ;)

Until then, Happy Little Trees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment