Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions

It's that time of year again when you look at the year behind you -- the fun times, the tough times, the changes, etc etc.
But most fun of all, is think about the year ahead.
As you already know, I just love New Year Resolutions. I love looking at where I am, and thinking of where I could be -- not only physically, but spiritually and mentally.
Below are the Resolutions I made for 2010 and how I fared with them:

[ ] stretch every morning
[ ] establish food garden
[ ] establish Corvallis Freecycle
[ ] take Tak'e to off-leash area once a week
[ ] explore the state of Oregon
[ ] do Wii Fit every day
[ ] give blood regularly
[ ] volunteer every month
[x] knit something every month (minimum)
[ ] eat less sugar
[x] potty train Ella

Uh-oh!
I didn't stick to my Resolutions very well at all. ;_;
But that's okay! Because this year...will be different!
Ha! Bet that's not the first time you've heard that one.

But really, I am feeling a kind of energy in me that I really think will last.
Maybe it's because Ella Rose is a smidge older and so just a smidge more independent. I can have her help in a few of my Resolutions this year, for sure!
And though I loved Oregon a bunch last year, I feel like I've figured out how to work with its wet weather more and not wuss out just because it's cold and whatnot.

So! Without further ado, here are my Resolutions for 2011:

[ ] jog every other day
[ ] raise chickens in the backyard
[ ] knit at least one thing a month
[ ] get involved in the local community more (volunteering, etc)
[ ] insulate the house
[ ] establish a thriving worm bin
[ ] reduce waste in our lives more
[ ] create a stained glass masterpiece
[ ] try a new recipe at least once a week
[ ] only eat dessert/drink alcohol for special occasions
[ ] get Ella to sleep in her own bed, on her own


Wish me luck, guys!
And until then, Happy Resolutions and a Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment