Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rainbows~

Hey everybody!

Okay, so I'm sure that by now you've been able to glean through various blog posts that I absolutely adore rainbows. There was the play dough, the belly-dancing bra, and of course the stool cover...not to mention Car-Free Day 2013 which featured lots of rainbows too! ;)

Being in the Northwest, we are lucky to have lots of rain, and therefore, lots of rainbows!!

This photo was taken last month. It's a crappy shot, but you can see it waaaaay off in the distance above the trees.
And when there aren't any rainbows around, I try to make them!

One place that most people would not think of seeing a rainbow in is those stretches of landscape pebble rocks that people sometimes line their properties with.

A rainbow of rocks

What look like a jumble, of mediocre rocks is actually an assortment of subtly hued rocks that can be lined up and turned into an instant rainbow!
If you have such rocks on/around your property, chances are that I will form a rainbow out of them next time I come to visit. And just leave it there. Just so you know. ;)

Another current rainbow in my life is actually in our home and made of fabric:

WIP!

That's right, I am working on a (subtly) rainbow quilt for Ella's upcoming 5th birthday!
Ssh, don't tell her!!!

Using only pieces from that stash MariAnna gave me, I hope to pull off a large enough quilt that it will fit her bed. Her bed is larger than a toddler bed, but smaller than a Twin...it's an IKEA Kritter bed, which means it's roughly 65" x 29".
Now, how to map out such a large quilt...I do not know and will definitely be consulting very knowledgeable friends for their help! m(_ _)m
I will let you know how it goes~

Well, that is all for now.
I hope you are all having a lovely week and are looking forward to the weekend.

Until next time, take care and Happy Rainbows~!

No comments:

Post a Comment