Monday, July 15, 2013

First Quilt?!

Yo, yo!

So yesterday, Ella Rose and I started on a new endeavor together:
a quilt!!

It all started when the ever-incredible MariAnna Johnson so generously gave me a box of quilting scraps to use however I liked! She had suggested making a "play quilt" with Ella -- by way of pasting the little squares of fabric to a piece of paper. Genius!

However, when I showed Ella Rose the box, she immediately announced that she wanted to make a real quilt! And for someone dear to her heart too ;)

So thanks to this nifty YouTube video tutorial, we have started our path down the long journey that is quilting.

Sweet 'n' simple 9-patch pattern!

Ella Rose's favorite part is choosing the fabrics to create the 9-patch patterns, and she "helps" me with the sewing part by watching me on the machine as I narrate to her what I'm doing.
I hope some day she'll enjoy working a sewing machine all by herself!!
But for now, watching is as good as it gets ;)
Though she does insist on pressing the foot herself -- not yet, little darling~!

Well, we're hoping to be done with this in time for Christmas but look out for more sewing/quilting stuff in general because I look forward to using up all those beautiful little scraps of fabric!!

Until next time, take care and Happy First Quilts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment