Sunday, July 7, 2013

'Nother Nice Day :)

Buenas noches, all!

 Today was some things old and some things new!

In the "old" department -- I went raspberry picking again.
I swear this bush has been giving berries for an entire month!!
But alas...I think today was probably the last picking I'll be doing there for the year.
Even after picking by myself (!) for 30 minutes... I got only about a cup worth of raspberries:


Blueberries courtesy another public bush -- buya!
So that's a sorta bittersweet (pun!) thing that happened today.
I then enjoyed another outing to Central Park with the kiddos. I swear we have found ourselves there every day for the past week, it feels!
And something that we did a little bit of last year, but plan to do more of this year, is set up this nifty tent while there:

Thanks, Lee Family!

We received the tent from my aunt and uncle the Christmas before last (2011) and it is so much fun! It fits 4 toddlers comfortably, or me + the two kids.
We furnish it with blankets, and bring good eats and reads to enjoy in the shade when taking a break from playing in the sand of the playground.
It's so much fun to set up this sorta "homebase" while at the park, with all the amenities to make it a very comfy stay. :)
If you ever see this tent in the park, know that it's us, and feel free to drop by! :D

The last thing I want to mention about today is the "new" thing, which is another update to Ella's sleeping arrangement!



Having been inspired by a little girl in a storybook today, Ella decided she wanted to sleep "in her own bed and room!" tonight, so we moved her mattress and bedding stuff upstairs into the playroom.
Then she decided that William should share the room with her, so that's his little toddler bed next to hers.
They are in there as I write -- William is asleep and Ella is reading to herself with her flashlight.
Let's see how this works out!!

Til next time, folks, take care and Happy Nice Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment