Friday, July 26, 2013

Busy Days!

Hi, all!

Boy, it feels like a while since I've put up a decent post.
That's due to a combo of having a lot of work to do and not going out as much (it feels).
So let's see if I can bring you up to date:

On Tuesday, we had the pleasure of celebrating the birthdays of two special folks in our lives: Matt (34)and his son, Henry (1).
Henry is Clara's little bro, and not but four months younger than William:

Henry looks very focused. Heh heh!

The birthday celebration was nice 'n' mellow and of the potluck variety (my fave!!)



We brought the corn on the cob

Just look at that spread. Summer!!!

A cool twist that happened with the party, is that instead of taking Ella Rose back home with us, she just spent the night there...making it her very first sleepover ever!!!
Apparently, it went really smoothly.
And Clara's family even held onto her for the majority of the next day too!
So me 'n' the boys went blueberry picking. The first time all summer!
And I didn't think to take any snapshots -- d'oh!
We brought home 8 pounds, but in the heat, I didn't have the energy to take any snapshots -- sorry!

On Thursday, we got to hang out with some other friends, as well as scour the stores for a 12" kid's bike. As you may recall, Ella tried rockin' the 16" two-wheeler, but her enthusiasm has been dampened since she sees other peers of hers being able to comfortably settle their feet on the floor when using their smaller bikes, rather than precariously on their tip-toes as she's been doing. The seat's as low as it can go, so we are looking to borrow at 12"er to better transition...

Aaaanyway, the weather's been so hot that it's actually driving me indoors more than I'd expected it to (when I was daydreaming about summer during the winter months, of course). That, and I've honestly had quite a few back-to-back deadlines...and have been intentionally trying to take it easier with the kids -- not trying to attend as many events as a day can handle, and really trying to bring back an "ebb and flow" feel to the day that involves plenty of down time during which Ella can idly draw and William and I throw a ball around in the backyard.
Good timesssss~ :)

Well, that's all for now.
I hope you had an enjoyable week and are looking forward to a nice weekend.
Until next time, take care and Happy Busy Days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment