Sunday, July 14, 2013

So Much Going On -- Camping! :)

Howdy, hey there!

Wow, I have been terrible at updating my blog this past week.
I do have a valid reason, though! Namely, that we have been so out and about that I have been crashing out with the kids at their bedtime -- I think I mentioned this before too ;)

But anyway, let me bring you up to speed as to some of the things we've been up to:

- Camping at Detroit Lake!

- donating blood!

- making a doll at a workshop!

- celebrating Sophie's belated birthday!

- Oregon Country Fair!


So as to not overwhelm the readers, I'll cover all these fun events over a couple of days, and for today I'll just focus on Detroit Lake :)

Beauuuuutiful!!


We left in a very last-minute way on Monday evening, after giving my last Japanese lesson for a couple of weeks, but didn't really forget anything regardless! :D It was only a two-night stay, and we already know that next time will have to be at least five!
We went in the good old Dolphin and enjoyed mostly swimming in the lake, and a long walk or two as well!

Right by the water's edge!!
Tak'e got to come too and enjoyed duck-watching, a little bit of swimming, and lounging around the camper.

Kinda reminds me of a Norman Rockwell picture~?
 I was pleased with the meals we were able to put together too. The two dinners (it was a two-night stay) were pasta and sauce, and then soup with crackers and bread. Plus more salad from the garden!! We snacked on apples, grapes, cheese and crackers through the day. And breakfast was cereal and oatmeals too! Yummmm.
Both Dash and I look forward to learning the ways of "camper dining" and making more elaborate (healthy) meals too.
Dash being his lovable goofy self :)

Tak'e follows suit.
Ella Rose and "Snappy the Penguin"

I was impressed with the kids' stamina as we hung on the beach for a good four hours straight! And the usually water-shy Ella Rose was all about practicing her kicking and leading me and Dash around on Snappy. Heh. :D

Right before we drove off -- William checks that all is clear.
 We are thinking of going camping again when my sis comes to visit, or maybe before that~?
Either way, we love having our Dolphin to ride in, and the beautiful state of Oregon all around us. :)

Have you gone camping this summer yet?
What's your favorite mode? Tent? Camper? Cottage?

Hope you enjoy this summer, whatever way you do it, and until next time take care and Happy Camping!!

1 comment:

  1. I used to camp with my family at Detroit lake many summers as a child. Also at Garibaldi bay on the coast where we went crabbing in my dad's baby blue boat that usually died at lease once each trip and sometimes once a day. Right now we have a tent and cots (uncomfortable). And I do have to drag Kris. However, we'd love to camp with you sometime!! The cooking on a fire aspect is one of the stronger draws for Kris, plus I have a recipe book you must read. If we went a yurt or cottage would be cool! Yurts!!! This looks like you had SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun. No wonder you sleep so early.

    ReplyDelete