Monday, July 22, 2013

William Progress

Howdy, all!

Sorry for not checking in for a couple of day there. I've been pretty busy with volunteering at the Da Vinci Days fair and whatnot, but am finally finding the space to write again. :)

I wanted to write down a couple of things that William has been up to, for my own sake I guess so that I can remember him better during this time.

Firstly, in the past couple of days, William has started saying the "N" word.
That's right -- no

It's pretty sweet to hear at this point -- really low and with this lips all puffed out -- and he uses it very appropriately in context which is great! Primarily, he'll use it in regards to when we ask him if he has to go "pee-pee on the potty" (more on that in a moment!) and generally honest, so that's good.

Sometimes, he'll even attempt to say words that we ask him to say. Like "Say home" and he goes "ooom". It's a fun game on the potty or at the dinner table too :)
All in all, he understands far more than he actually says, and it's fun to direct him to do something somewhat particular like "Go put that chalk in the bucket by Ella" -- and he'll obey!
Bwa ha ha~~!

I think it's also pretty clear that he's left-handed. He's had a mean throw for a while there, and it's almost always with his left hand. Same with picking up chalk or a crayon to draw. I hope he's left-handed. All the left-handed folks I've met are always so creative and alternative in general -- just my style! ;)

Now for some potty news!
After learning that William's friend Bodhi, who is only 6 weeks older than him, is already pretty much 100% diaper-free, I was inspired to really ramp up instigating cues and listening/watching him to learn his patterns, and his diaper usage has already decreased so much this week! I think he soils about four diapers a day now. Granted, it's just this past week...
But even so, it's been a strange gastrointestinal week for William and he's been having a hard time digesting certain things. So even with that diarrhea, he's been communicating clearer, I've been giving him more "potty-tunities" and we are making great progress, me thinks. :)
He's been so reliably dry at night, too, that the past two nights I let him sleep in just briefs or even bare-bottom in his pajamas. And we still just catch his (big) first pee of the day either on the potty or outside watching the construction workers digging up the street. Ha!

So yeah!
That's William as of late.
He's very friendly and waving to everybody. He'll even blow a kiss to you if you do it to him first :)

Sorry there are no photos to show off this cutie-patootie, but I'll be sure to post plenty soon enough.
Until then, take care and Happy William Progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment