Friday, March 6, 2015

Sniffles & Drawing

Gooood day~!

So Ella woke with quite some cold-like symptoms (sniffling, snuffling, coughing), and little William has a yucky cough (on and off).
That means that what was going to be a playdate-filled day, has been changed to a day of relaxation and healing.

Ella is obviously all too happy to stay in bed today :)

I was just thinking the other day how lucky I am that I can really put the whole day on hold when sickness comes around.

So this is what our schedule will look like more or less:
- warm oatmeal for breakfast
- dozing in bed all day
- social functions cancelled
- fresh air wafting in through the window
- chicken noodle soup for dinner
- apple cider vinegar sipped throughout the day
- maybe a little jaunt during the warmest time of the day to get that good ol' sunshine.

I know that probably seems like a pretty standard sickday to lots of you parents out there, but I am still reeling from how effective such a simple system can be.

It may be because I grew up with a mom that had us do the following instead:
- tough it out and go to school anyway (passing your cold on to all your classmates)
- cough medicine (to suppress symptoms, so you can keep going, but not really heal)

Hence making a simple cold last weeks and weeks instead of nipping it in the bud.

Boy, that makes me sound very ungrateful and judgmental, but I also ought to give her the benefit of the doubt, since it's not like she had the luxury to just stay at home with us when we were unwell -- she worked all the time, so a sick child could really throw a wrench into the works.

And I'm not saying that I'm the best at keeping the kiddos in bed where they belong, but I do try!

It won't be all sleep, that's for sure, as even a cold won't keep Ella from engaging in her favorite past time: drawing!

On that lighter note, I'll be showcasing some pieces she does by the end of the day soon.

Until then, take care and stay well everybody!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment