Thursday, June 27, 2013

First Day with Aba! :)

Hey all!

So my mom is in town with us now and what a week we have ahead of us!
It's already started off so grandly~

Due to delays and whatnot, she was finally in our home at 2:30am Tuesday morning (ouch), but that didn't stop her from waking up with the kids and being her usual energized and bubbly self all day long until finally crashing out at 10pm -- woo, that woman is amazing!

Ella Rose was immediately excited to wake Aba (short for "Abuelita") up in bed, where she got to receive some select souvenirs from her trip to London last month. She now has a lovely mermaid lightswitch cover and nifty pencil case with accessories. :) Even little William was more than happy to jump into her arms and even give her one of his signature "kisses" (open mouth plant on the nose). I'm so happy he's taken by her so easily~ :)

After lounging in bed all together while we talked London and whatnot, we had a nice, leisurely breakfast and then Aba and Ella Rose started painting this nifty little wooden doll house that they'll then be constructing. Goooo DIY!! :D I walked William to sleep and then got some work done -- I have a book due on Friday but I think I'll be A-OK getting that done in time.

After William awoke, I figured it'd be the perfect time to catch a flick with Dash, so we left the kiddos with Aba and watched...World War Z!! I'm going to be honest with you, though: loved the book, could've done without the movie. If not for a couple of scenes, I would have felt completely robbed of those two hours. Either way!! It was nice to be away and know the kids were in safe hands.

When we came back, we were thrilled to learn that they'd been out and about at the local park...had fed some ducks...ate lunch themselves...hit up the thriftshop for shoes...and overall had a great time.

Apparently William found this car and wouldn't get out of it for 45 minutes!
Reunited with his mama, William promptly got a second nap (so rare these days!) and then we had a delicious dinner of tortilla española and salad, and then berries on ice cream! Yum!!

It's good to have my mom here with us. She's so positive and eternally patient and great with the kids. Ella even declared "I like Aba more than anybody else in the world!"

So yeah, it's gonna be a good visit, I'm sure :)

Until next time, I hope you are all looking forward to a good week and here's to more Happy Days with Aba!!

No comments:

Post a Comment