Sunday, June 23, 2013

Gosh Darn Good Weekend

Howdy, howdy!

So I just gotta share with you all the awesomeness that this weekend has entailed~
Firstly, Daddy rejoined us from his trip to Florida on Thursday -- not to say that the days while he was away weren't awesome too (zoo, garden, dumpster diving, raspberries, etc) -- but it's good to have him back again. :)

Then, on Friday, we started off the day with french toast, had a park playdate with other Peachies, attended a Hawaiian-themed "birthday" party for a local adult care center, and then...watched Ella in her second-ever public performance:



It was at the Pioneer Picnic in Brownsville and was a part of the Cascade Performing Arts Center again.
This time, only two of the five original girls turned out for the performance (Ella Rose and Athena...ages 4 and 7 respectively), but I think they carried it off well enough anyway :)

At home, I passed out early with a very tired child, and didn't even really have dinner -- oops!

On Saturday, I went to the farmer's market to meet a prospective Japanese pupil (woo-hoo!), bought a replacement mirror for one that broke during the Clothing Swap, and then generally laid low at home while Dash took the kids out and about so I could do some tasks. We took a family walk to the high school playground for a while and then had Family Movie Night (one day late) while we munched on delicious Dashiell Pizza -- yum! Then I went out real late to attend a Full Moon Fire gathering at a friend's house. It was cloudy so we couldn't see the moon, but I was still happy to enjoy the fire with cool local peeps.

Sunday (today), I was exhausted since I went to bed at 2:30 a.m. (ouch!) so rather then attend church, I attended "slurch" (our new made-up word for "sleeping at church") which was just my intention and exactly what happened. The First Presbyterian Church has this great soundproof room in the second-story balcony for families with small (a.k.a noisy) children. It has a couch and nobody is every in there during the services except for William and I. He wanted milk and I was sleepy, so we nursed and were lulled to sleep by the singing congregation and the pastor's great storytelling voice... Le sigh~~

Following that, it was still sunny so the kids and I enjoyed some romping around the Central Park, but the rest of the day was rainy so it was mostly indoors with chores done, tidying up completed, and things like that.
Oh! And Ella Rose voluntarily did some downsizing to her playroom (a first!) so that felt good. Finally boxed up toys that are too small for both Ella and William (baby-centric teethy toys and such) as well as play shoes/clothes that she's plain outgrown (wow!). The box will be stored in the attic for the next Holiday Toy Swap, or maybe Vina Moses.

And that's just about all there is to say now...
I really don't mind this rain-sun-rain-sun weather -- I just know that garden is eating it up!!
Now to get some "real" work done while I listen to This American Life. Scooooore!

Until next time, take care and Happy Gosh Darn Good Weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment