Sunday, June 2, 2013

Great Start to June! :)

Hey all!

Yesterday was such a big, glorious day that I plum fell right asleep with the kiddos at an early 9pm from sheer exhaustion.

So here is what we all did!

Firstly, Dash and I split up kiddo duty with him taking Ella Rose and me taking William.
While I headed down to the Farmers Market to pick up an order of honey, Ella and Dash went...fishing!!

That's right! A fish hatchery nearby was allowing free fishing in their waters for the day and they even supplied poles and other gear, with a limit of two fish for kids 5 and under. Another friend and her daughter joined them and together they had a great time.
Just look at the fish Ella caught!!!

A 1.5 lb Rainbow Trout~ We ate him for dinner tonight...

Meanwhile, I followed my Farmers Market errand with a trip to the Women's Health Day event, that was also a fundraiser for the upcoming Heart of the Valley Birthing Center. It was full of familiar faces, great info, and intriguing workshops -- William was a little tornado of trouble, to the degree that I had to chase after him rather than receive a free massage/reflexology session/any number of other awesome services the booths were offering.
Oh! Except I did get to have my nails done -- and in the style/colors of the new Birthing Center's logo. Check it out:

The logo of HVBC
The ring finger is painted with the "heart in belly" motif ;)
 
On the walk home, William fell asleep, I chatted with Kathy on the phone for an hour, and then I took a peek on our garden.
It felt like I'd been neglecting it a bit, on account of the rainy weather.
But looks what's transpired during my absence!!

Baby zucchini! Looking like sprouts from Totoro!
Don't you love when the garden moves on ahead without you even having to think about it? I guess that constant rain was just what these little seeds needed. I'm going to wait until they acquire another set of leaves before I transplant them to give them some more room for major growth. Yummy summer zucchini -- what could be better? :)

The evening then rounded off with Ella and I attending the recital of the students from Corvallis Academy of Ballet. She stayed awake for the entire thing and it was beautiful getting to see what these young women (and men!) can do!! Then at home, we just listened to a Sparkle Stories and all fell asleep. As I said...at 9pm! :D

Well, that was our day.
Can't wait to recap for tomorrow too. ;)
Until then, take care and Happy Great Starts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment