Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Sleeping Arrangement!

Hi, all!

You'll have to forgive me for another pic-free post today.
But I had to wait for the kiddos to be asleep and this post has to do with the bedroom...and I didn't want to disturb their dreams.

I just wanted to record here that for the first time (in a long time, if not ever), Ella Rose is sleeping in her own bed!
Of the past four nights, two of them she slept in her own bed. And it took minimal coaxing from me. The first time, I just reasoned with her very logically that she should sleep in her own bed for the best sleep and we're not very far away, and she could come join us in bed when she woke up in the morning. I told her a story with the lights out, and poof! She was sawing logs.

The next night she was more resistant, so she stayed in the Family Bed.

But then last night I was able to just lay her in her bed and excuse myself saying I had to use the bathroom and that I'd "be right back". This "BRB" approach has worked for the past year, actually, and so long as I step out of the room under that guise, she will be asleep within moments.

Tonight she's back in the Family Bed, so we have a funny little pattern going on here, where every other night she'll sleep in her own bed.
But oh well! Baby steps, right?

I gotta say, I'm loving it! :)

How/where do your babies or older kiddos sleep? If they sleep in their own bed, how/when did you make the transition?
Until next time, take care and Happy Sleeping Arrangements!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job to your little girl! Reward with her little achievements and make her love her room to encourage her to sleep on her bed. You can do that by painting her room with her favorite colors and designs and by making sure her that mattress is comfortable enough. Good luck!

    Michael Green

    ReplyDelete