Sunday, March 3, 2013

Social Weekend!

Hey, all!

Sorry I failed to write on Saturday.
I typically write my post recapping the day's events laaaaate at night.
But Saturday night...I didn't get back home until 1am the following morning! :)
That's right, I went on a girls' night out!!

This is definitely a first for me since becoming a mom and it was stupendous!
I got to hang with the lovely Sophie G. from 6pm all the way until 1am the next morning, and enjoyed an evening of conversation and gourmet! Very indulgent and so worth it.

After a bacon-buffalo burger dinner, I enjoyed cocoa at a cafe complete with life music performance, and topped off the smörgåsbord with a decadent berry dessert at a restaurant that had yet more live music. Boy, Corvallis has some pretty hip stuff going on Saturday nights...that I usually am unaware of because of things like bedtime routines and such.
Here's a shot of our lovely desserts!
Triple-berry Cobbler!!

Hazelnut...caramel...?...more stuff that feels sinful :)
I should also mention, that we had started our Saturday by going to an "all you can eat pancake breakfast" hosted at the high school to raise money for charities. So I had sweets for breakfast and then in the evening! Double whammy!!

Still, it was a very bonding experience and good lesson in "treat yourself!" that I tend to lack in...
Sophie's an intelligent and multi-talented woman and I feel blessed to have her in my life. Friends like these are more precious than anything and I really value her.

Saturday's girl-to-girl socializing was great, but Sunday was also social...in a family sense.
I brought the kiddos to the First Presbyterian Church again for the second time this year (truth be told, I've missed a few weeks there due to social engagements/sickness/etc). The service was followed by cake and Ella got to run around with some kiddos. Awesome.

Then, the sun was out, so the whole family went on a bike ride to Central Park. So that was nice...

 
Ella Rose is making great progress on her Skuut Bike! :)
 
 This kid loves the swing~

And then we went to a 6-month "birthday" celebration that involved make-you-own Banana Splits!!!!!
No photos of the event here, but it was epic. Once again, put on by the ever hospitable and cool Nathan and Emily :)

So that's a wrap.
Quite a lot of out-and-about going on. Which is good because this coming week is going to be more like nose-to-grindstone work. Ha!

How did you spend your weekend?
Are you feeling like you get out enough...and that you treat yourself to completely indulgent outings enough?? Talk to me.

Until next time, take care and Happy Social Weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment