Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recap~

Hi ho!

I feel like I've been away from the blog for a while, so I will do some recapping of the last couple of days' events here.

Firstly, I should come clean and admit that since I wrote about Ella's "new sleeping arrangement", she has not slept in her bed once >_<
But I guess it is like anything relating to teaching/training children: don't push it too hard and they will eventually come to it on their own.

So Thursday was a good day -- Ella went to school, I got some work done in the meanwhile (and planned for her party...coming in a couple of weeks!!), and then picked her up via bicycle. I love when I can do that!! Sometimes it takes a little extra planning, and William has to be cooperative. But I figured out that he likes being in the bike trailer when the plastic tarp is not down and covering him. So that has made for much smooth bicycling with him.
You learn something new every day, right??

Thursday evening, I took the kids with me to the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition's "Sustainability Fair & Town Hall" event. It was from 5pm to 9pm, and we were there until 7:30 -- and the kids were such good sports!! What really motivated me to go this year was that they would be dedicating the Town Hall portion to local babies born in the past year...and William is one of those kids! His photo was displayed on the PowerPoint presentation and his name listed, along with some friends' kids like Annika, Henry, and Anna :)

I should also mention that we've had some glorious weather these days! No rain, lots of sun, barely a breeze, and maybe about 60+ degrees in temperature~! That's what made walking to and from the Sustainability Fair not only possible, but very enjoyable. And Ella Rose walked literally the entire way back home!! That's pretty impressive for our little stroller-lover ;)

Friday I spent the morning wrapping up a script, then spent the remainder of the day out and about with the kids again. We played at a local park, then hit up an art reception on campus, mailed off the book that I'd just finished translating, and then played at Central Park. I got to chat with my sister on the phone for a good long while (I have exciting news about her that I can only share next week...you'll see why ;) ) and even ran into good friends at the Park. It really felt like the whole town and student body was out and about. I love how good weather has that effect in Corvallis. :D
Back at home, we had our weekly Family Movie Night (a new tradition that is helping to cut back on the excessive screen time I felt we had), and Dash made pizza. Yay!!

Then today (Saturday), I woke up with a yucky feeling throat, and last night was none too easy with William, so Dash sweetly took care of the kids all morning while I rested more and read up on a new series I'll be translating. Ella Rose spent the entire afternoon at a friend's house and William actually napped on me twice (it feels rare these days...Dash handles most of his naps lately), and then I tidied up around the house.

The end.

That is the recap since I last blogged and looking back on it, it's been a nice couple of days. :)
In terms of broader announcements, I feel like I should write about some general trends happening here lately:

- William is pretty clearly signing for "milk" and "more". I think it's been for the last week or so, but I feel safe only mentioning it now.

- William has also gone from three naps down to two. It's been like this for at least a month, but again, I wasn't sure I could say that for sure until now. And there have been some days where he naps only once. That sucks when that happens.

- When I suggest/command something to Ella Rose, the way she oh-so politely sidesteps it is by replying with "I know. How about...[insert alternative to what I just asked for]". Which I have to say I like, because it's less confrontational and sometimes the alternatives she offers aren't so bad. :)

- Often at dinner time, Ella Rose suggests that we all be a "____ Family". These days, "Kitty Family" or "Princess Family" are the popular choices. We play along, but only so much as addressing each other by our newfound names.

- William will sometimes bite our fingers when we try to pry an object away from him... We have to work on that.


That's about all I wanted to mention.
Forgive this long photoless post and I hope you have a rawkin' evening!
See you (hopefully) tomorrow!!
And until then, take care and Happy Recaps!

1 comment:

  1. William bites your fingers? Is it when you're taking something out of his mouth? Or just something in general, and then he attacks?
    It's funny to imagine him doing that.

    ReplyDelete