Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Nice Weekend

Howdy all,

I haven't blogged since Thursday, so I thought I'd recap the last three days (a.k.a The Weekend).

Friday was pizza-and-a-movie night, so Dash made some awesome pizzas and we watched a musical called "Bandwagon". It's supposedly a great musical movie...but I did not dig it very much. I feel like I am in search of a musical movie that could rival "Hello Dolly". The costumes! The songs! The humor! There's got to be more like it out there somewhere... Anybody have any recommendations?

Saturday was an all-day affair at Sophie & Chris' home! The guys brewed beer, while the ladies talked gardening -- no joke, it really was split down the gender line that way, ha! ;)
I am feeling the need to dig in the dirt coming on strong this year. I think one of my New Year Resolutions is really going to be fulfilled! :D There was also much delicious pizza eaten and a variety of beers sampled. But I didn't overdo it, so yay!

Sunday was a brunch at Sarah and Maia's new pad -- they have really landed a great situation with their house/location/housemate! I am so happy for them!! We brought fruit to compliment these delicious "Dutch Babies" that Sarah whipped up. Might have to make them weekly~!
Then we made popcorn and hot cocoa at home, did some painting, watched "First Position" again (amazing documentary!!), and then went to bed. Well, the kiddos did, at least.

We're trying something new this week, and that is we've moved the Family Bed just a foot or so closer to Ella's bed. This is in the hopes that it will make her fill her need to feel "close" to us, while still maintaining separate beds. If things go well over a couple of weeks like this, we'll move it back to where it was without mentioning it to her...and hopefully she'll still feel perfectly safe and all right. We'll see...

Aaaaanyway, that's all there is to mention me thinks.
The weather's been gray 'n' cloudy with some rain and wind! And occasional sun breaks.
Hopefully sunny Spring weather will be back some time this week.

Until then, take care and I hope you all had A Nice Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment