Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ella's Dance Class

Hey there, everyone.


I thought I would share with you a dance class that Ella Rose has recently started taking.
It's offered through the Corvallis Parks & Recreation, and it's Part II of their "Tap & Ballet for Tots" program.

Actually, Ella Rose took Part I one year ago exactly, and I would know because I was laboring with William during one of her first sessions in it. Then, Ella Rose repeated the class again over the summer (just because she could) and who should be in that class but our midwife Ellie Rose with her two daughters! So in many ways this "Tap & Ballet for Tots" class holds a lot of fond memories for our family :D

Anyway, if I haven't mentioned this already, Ella Rose is really into dancing. Like really. We've watched the documentary "First Position" nearly 10 times in the past month, and almost every night after dinner there's the obligatory dance to The Nutcracker soundtrack. So this class is a big thrill for Ella.

Here are some photos and videos:

Stretching...



Just some simple leaps. The teacher speaks incredibly fast...and yet the kids get what she's saying for the most part. It's pretty impressive.

There's a long video I took of this dance routine they practice every class (to a song from the movie "Anastasia"!) but I think that will have to go up another day.

Until next time, I hope you are enjoying this glorious spring weather, gettin' your groove on, and looking forward to a great rest of the week.

See you soon and until then, Happy Dance Class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment