Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Work Week

Hey all,

I feel like I have been low on the photo-content these days.
But I am sure more photo opportunities will be coming, so stick with me.

I know it's only Thursday night, but in our household, that's as good as the end of the work week.
I guess the reason is because Ella's school is Tues, Wed, Thurs -- so Friday feels like the weekend already! As in, first thing in the morning it does. We might go to a playdate, or some other social outing, but besides that there are no classes or anything scheduled.

This week has marked a good change for Dash's and my work habits, in that we have (re)adopted the
"3 hours for you, 3 hours for me" model. That is, Dash gets to work from 9 to noon while I watch the kids, and then I work from noon until 3 while he watches them. It sounds like a no-brainer, but for a long while there, we were not as regimented, I would often find myself having to do an entire book over the weekend, or he would stay up late into the wee morning hours, because we weren't being disciplined about our daytime work hours enough.
But not anymore!

It's only been five business days of this change, but we can already feel the benefits. It's funny how sometimes being more precise with scheduling can actually reduce stress, rather than create it (which is my usual take on "schedules").

Anyway, we are in for a fun-filled weekend which I will fill you in on as the days go by.

Until then, take care and I hope you had a Happy Work Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment