Saturday, February 13, 2016

Breakfast with the Beatles

'Allo, loves!

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my all-time favorite band is The Beatles.
Hands down, I could only listen to their work for the rest of my musical life and I would be happy.
I listened them most back in 2006-2008 when I was working for Go! Comi and would bike 4 hours a day, to and from work. That was a lot of time to listen to mp3s of their songs off my iPod.

And to this day, I still have a special time to listen to them.
Saturday mornings starting at 8am, I enjoy the radio show "Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast with the Beatles on KLOO 106.3.
It features not only songs by The Beatles but also some interviews!!
Today's interview featured John and Paul sharing their opinions on the songwriting process. I am especially interested in creative processes of all kinds these days on account of writing a little fanfic with Kathy-neechan. It's always fascinating to hear how others not only come up with ideas but actually implement them.

On that note, I started reading the manga "Bakuman" at the suggestion of one of my tuttees.
It's basically a manga about creating manga, and although I'm only two volumes in, I'm already very hooked and love getting this inside look on the creative process behind something so demanding as weekly-release manga. :D

By the same artist who did Hikaru no Go and Death Note


One last thing about creating, I have started creating a scarf for myself!

WIP

The scarf that I've been absolutely dependent on ever since the cold weather started has mysteriously gone missing!!! It's a scarf that Kathy-neechan actually knitted herself and gave to me.
It was bulky and thick and I just adored it.
In order to capture that same thick quality, I'm actually doing something I've never done before which is knitting with two strands of yarn simultaneously. It's not at all hard to do, and is making for a very fun pattern so far. Will share photos when I'm done ;)


And with that, I will leave you this Saturday night.
Quite a fine Saturday it's been.
At the risk of jinxing myself, I must iterate how utterly good life is to me these days. And that's something I say to myself many times a day too. I truly am thankful we are all as healthy as we are, have as much food as we do, and have love coming from every direction :)

I hope you are feeling good in your own lives too.
And do check out Breakfast with the Beatles Saturday mornings if you can wing it too! It's a great way to start the weekend ^^

Until next time, take care and Happy Breakfast with the Beatles!!



No comments:

Post a Comment