Saturday, February 20, 2016

Day 4 & 5 of February Break

Hello again!

Okay, so wow! What a wonderfully productive and enjoyable past couple of days it's been.
Been crushing that to-do list I set up for myself at the beginning of the vacation. So let's see how things have been:

On Thursday, we had another long playdate with Beatrix over here at Chateau Dashiell.
Since their last playdate, they'd been insisting on holding a tea party next time they got together. So that's what we had happen :)

Complete with invitations and stuffed animal guests

Ella picked daffodils out of the yard to put in a vase, and Dash picked up this insane strawberry shortcake to enjoy with the tea.
Look at that beast of a cake!! The kids, thankfully, don't have "sweet tooths" and only ate a portion of their slices, so I got to partake in the rest. Buya ;)

I had an early lesson with another of my pupils, and then off we scurried to our dear friends, the サンソム家族.
Suya made 肉まん (YUM!) and we brought veggies for both raw enjoyment and fried up.

美味しい〜!

Look at that lovely spread!! I was reminded of my absolute love for 山芋.
All the kids play together splendidly (and loudly!) and even graced us with a fashion show.

They had such great clothing pieces to work with ;)

I love this family!!!
They are such good people and so talented too!
Just the other day, Dain had held a concert on the organ (which I had missed) and I got to see him in action in his home on their piano! He even allowed me the chance to accompany him with the super easy part of Pachelbel's Canon in D.

I felt very nervous/honored to work beside a lifelong piano-player like that~!

I felt very inspired to work more on my own piano playing at home, and my next goal is to memorize Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Wish me luck!

All in all, it was a splendid wrap-up to the day :) And I loved the way dinner was handled with the kids eating first so that they could then romp about while we adults could enjoy good conversations over tasty beer. 

On Friday, I really put my nose to the grindstone, and finished off my chapter and complete 単行本 that was due. Phew!! And I did more work on those curtains for R.S.!!!
I must say, I really enjoy making curtains and I would even go so far as to say I am pretty good at it! Granted, all it takes is measuring, cutting, and sewing but the measurements do have to be correct in order for it to work on the window and I think I am meticulous enough for that. :)
I will definitely post photos of them when they are all done.

It was after all that translating and sewing, that things took a downturn.
After dinner, Dash went out to make a Craigslist transaction in Albany...and got into a car accident on the way there! @_@
The truck is totaled but he is okay besides a gash on his forehead, a bloody knee, and a sore chest.
It was very scary when he called me to let me know he was being taken to the hospital, and then I couldn't get a hold of him because his phone had died.
But our sweet neighbor, Dave, picked him up from the ER when it was all over, and at home we counted our blessings and tried to regain some semblance of normalcy, watching more Venture Bros. and snuggling in for the night.

It is definitely a reminder that you never know what the day will bring and to never assume a loved one that leaves the house will necessarily come back in one piece.

Hug your family extra tight today and stay safe on the roads, friends!!
And with that, the last weekdays of our February Break are wrapped up.
Now to go and tend to Dash some and keep the kids out of his hair.
Until next time, take care and Happy Day 4 & 5 of February Break!!


No comments:

Post a Comment