Sunday, March 6, 2016

Big Sunday!

Howdy howdy~!

So after the hubbub that was yesterday's Clothing Swap, you'd think that today would be relaxed and devoid of as much activity as possible, right?
Wrong!
And it all started Saturday evening actually!

As is the family tradition when it comes to Clothing Swaps, we all headed out to El Sol de Mexico to celebrate and decompress. The kids had a lot of good things to say, I enjoyed some margaritas and then we made the last-minute decision to let a friend of Ella's sleep over.

They actually behaved themselves very well, going right to sleep -- of course reading the dictionary aloud, as I do when it's my turn to put the kids to bed, has that effect on kids ;)

When we all awoke this morning, Dash made biscuits while I battled a little hangover (guh) and then we had to rush off to church because I'd agreed to have our family "usher" for the service.

We'd never done this before and I'm going to be honest...not so sure we'll be doing it again.
I'm just not all that good at herding folks, which is what the gig mainly consisted of. Granted, that's not to say I can't improve... But having the two little ones made it less than ideal. Especially with  William being so perplexed as to why Dada was actually at church for once and yet we weren't even sitting together.

Oh, well! I'm glad we gave it a shot.

The rest of the day, Ella was whisked off to Clara's house for a playdate followed right on its heels by the local community production of Mary Poppins!!



I have been hearing only the best things about this musical and I'm glad Ella got to see it. While I was walking her back home, she was humming "Step in Time" and working some pretty great chimney sweep moves ;)

The rest of the evening was taken up with bathing Tak'e, tidying up, and playing a new card game with the kids!!
At yesterday's Clothing Swap, Ella came across a pack of playing cards that I haven't seen in years.
Five Crowns!!

Thank you to whomever brought this to the Swap :D


Anyone else familiar with this little gem?
Our Uncle James introduced it to us as adolescents and it became a quick family favorite. It was initially the art that captured me, but now that we're playing it again I remember how exhilarating the pace is and how much strategy goes into it.
I must say William has greatly impressed me with his ability to remember the rules, stay focused, and strategize in a way that resulted in him winning five rounds. Wow!

Maybe the kid's just generally good at games, not just video games! ;)

Dash rounded the evening off with a fantastic hearty brinner and we watched another episode of the Great British Bake-Off which the kids fell asleep to.

I'm feeling bushed, myself, and look forward to a deep and uninterrupted sleep tonight. (Dear God, please...please.)

So until next time, take care and Happy Big Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment