Thursday, March 31, 2016

It's Curtains For You!

'Allo 'allo!

So this post is a wee bit overdue.
It's about all those curtains I kept talking about!

The lovely lady who was the recipient of those curtains I'd been working on (on and off) since the fall took some shots of them hanging in her home in all their glory.

So below I present you a smorgasbord of all those hours of labor and cotton. Heh!

Enjoy~!

Mmm... Patchwork~!

A lovely stretchy floral print

I had the most fun making these. :D Wee bit of creativity went into manufacturing them.

Curtains derived from old (100% organic cotton!) bed sheets = I LOVE IT

It certainly does look homey and cozy in this shot :)
 And then I was feeling good on such a curtain kick that I did a little redesigning of the curtains in our master bedroom that I'd been meaning to do for a while.

Some years back, I crafted these cute-n-childish curtains for when the upstairs room was the playroom.
It went great with the aesthetic.
But for the past year+ the upstairs room has been our master bedroom where the "marital bed" is, so the print of little children running around didn't really work anymore.
So I turned this...

Sorry it's not hanging. But this is the general look

Close-up of the cuuuuute print on it.
 ...to this!

Crappy shot...nice curtains!

They keep out the sunlight pretty well, and are a more somber and warm brown-red paisley print.

It feels so good to have that done!
Now to give the kiddie curtains to the other Rachael who's been waiting on me for curtains (oops!) and maybe whip up a set or two for the RV.
Wish me luck~!
And in the meanwhile...Happy It's Curtains For You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment