Monday, March 14, 2016

Wonderful Weekend

Hello hello!

Man, this past weekend was so good, I've been meaning to write about it but just couldn't find the time.
So here we are on Monday and I'm going to go back in time to recount how the past two days have been :)

Firstly, I want to name this past Saturday "Secondhand Saturday".
Why, you ask?
Because I scored big in both a garage sale and a local thrift shop.

I love me a good Gift Economy, where I can meet my needs by sparing someone the excess clutter in their lives, but sometimes spending a little money doesn't hurt.

Saturday morning started off with hitting up the Corvallis High School's annual "Spartan Garage Sale." So conveniently located in their cafeteria (just down the road from us!) and so many reasonably priced items and huge selection! :D
My intention when I went there was to score all the pieces I'd need for William's upcoming Link costume.
And I was not disappointed!!
For only $4 I got everything I'll need so I look to turn this:

$1 each!

...into this:

More or less...

Good thing he already has his sword and shield!
I'll probably be able to use that big brown sweater to create some Eevee ears and tail for Ella's cosplay too ;)

Later, while the kids were baking with Dada (peanut butter cookies for our neighbors!) I hit up the Heartland Humane Society's Thrift Shop in the hopes of finding a lamp shade for a standing lamp I scored for free...but instead I found this:

It weighed 30 lbs!!
That's right.
An old-school ream of computer paper! For only $5!!
I had to carry this beast home the entire walk home from downtown, but it will be so worth it as now Ella can draw to her heart's content without me worrying about having enough paper for important adult print-outs. Heh! I swear, this guy ought to last us at least a year.

Then, after all these great secondhand scores, Dash and I got to treat ourselves to a date!!
So "Secondhand Saturday" morphed into "Date Night Saturday".

A classic "dinner and a movie" affair.



I cannot recommend "Zootopia" enough!!
It was rendered beautifully, with endearing characters, and really timely messages about racism and stereotypes. We watched it in 3D but I must say it did nothing to enhance the film in my opinion. Never really does, to be honest.

Anyway, after that we hit up Koriander yet again and this time I got the cheese tonkatsu. So indulgent!!!

I was feeling amped and great (did I mention I had a ton of candy at the movie theater again? ;) ) and we ended up staying up until 1:30am, watching the US version of Top Gear (hilaaaaarious!!!!!) while I read more R&M fanfics and got lost on imgur. Totally and utterly a great way to end the day.

I'm going to name Sunday "Sleepy Baking Sunday" because DST went into effect and ugh, did I feel exhausted thanks to it. ;_;
Church was a'ight, and the rest of the day was baking primitive bread with Ella.
It honestly took sooooo loooooong.
Because we brought out the ol' grinder and had to grind all the flour down by hand.
But the results were worth it and Ella felt very accomplished.

Made a dozen of these rolls!


Look at that li'l beauty!
Sunday evening I got to go out on a date with a friend, so that's two dates for me in one weekend! Buya!! :D

And now here we are with yet another raaaaaaaainy day, and Dash is feverish and bedbound ;_;
Poor dear~
I foresee a li'l lesson in the evening with the lovely Maggie-san, and then hopefully altering a t-shirt I got from the last Clothing Swap thanks to this nifty book:



I bought this way back in '06, and honestly never did much with it so I gave it away, because the library carries it anyhow! I'll let you know what I end up fashioning from the shirt later ;)

Well!
That is all for now.
I hope you all had a good weekend and foresee a great week coming up.
Til next time, take care and Happy Wonderful Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment