Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sew Much Done This Weekend

Howdy howdy!!

So as an update to everyone's health, pretty much Ella is the only one down for the count, napping several times a day and have not much of an appetite.
That worked fine for my weekend plans that went something like this:

1) Made William's Link costume!!

Remember how I bought all those cheap articles of clothing from that High School Garage Sale?

Well, I turned this:



Into this:

Out on the town!

Ta-da!!
William's is now ready to be a little Link at next weekend's anime convention :D
It took me about 3 hours to whip up, and reminded me how much I love sewing little kids pants, be they swants or otherwise. So easy and forgiving~!
My favorite part had to be the gauntlets with tiny felt triforce on them.

William and I had a fun time traipsing down to the library in his get-up, where we picked up Pikmin and will be subsequently dedicated an hour a day to progressing through the game together. :)


Now to continue what I accomplished this weekend...

2) Finished all those curtains for R.S.!!!

Last six...DONE!

Okay, so not the most flattering shot, and definitely not the way that curtains are supposed to be enjoyed, but I literally just finished them up and am snuggled up in bed and didn't want to lay them out or hang them up or anything. Truthfully, I am awaiting a great big flood of photos from Rachael when they are all hanging in her home on perhaps a sunny day so that they can shine in all their glory :D

Anyway, you may recall that I had this batch waiting to be done since October and though I got a lot of the curtains done during February Break, these last six were lingering for god knows why. I have a tendency to do everything...except for the last thing or two.
Like, in the case of doing dishes, I'll do aaaaaall the dishes...except the big pot the soup was cooked in. Sorta like saving the worst for last, only I don't even do it. Ha!


Now that those two projects are completed, this is what I plan on focusing on for the rest of the week:

- translate book due
- make Ella's Eevee costume
- plan our panels for the convention(!!)

That last one is really the one I'm most excited/nervous about tackling because it's going to take a lot of (gasp!) brainpower thinking up specific examples to share with the audience, assembling images to share on the PowerPoint, and mapping out the course of our discussions, etc etc.

Must. Do. Iiiiit!!!!

A'ight, well I will talk to you again soon.
Until then, take care and Happy Sew Much Done This Weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with that link costume!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! :) He's pretty smitten with it too~

    ReplyDelete