Sunday, January 10, 2016

Swants!

Hey-hey!

So today was another day of crafting after church this morning.
I finally hit up this pile of felted wool sweaters that have been dominating my desk to make this must-needed article of clothing: swants.

That is, sweater-pants, or pants made out of sweaters.
I'd made a set each for Ella and William back in fall when the weather really started to turn cold, but never took any photos.
Until now!

So, here is the grand gallery of all the swants our family has:

A li'l baggy, this merino wool pair is the oldest and most used.
Dark blue and made out of a sweater Dash just never dug.
The most "legging"-like swants yet. And Ella impersonating a zombie, I guess
The black ones I made back in the fall.
I guess he'd reached critical photo taking mass by this point.
Even whipped a pair for myself! Tak'e is unimpressed

And for those curious, I referred to these pages for tutorials on how to go about them.
I think two pairs for the kids and one pair for me is enough to last us the rest of the cold winter since wool is magical and wicks away moisture and possibly offensive odors. Yahoo! Thermals for the win~~

Hope you guys are all staying bundled up warm and maybe even saving a buck doing so ;)
Until next time, take care and Happy Swants!

No comments:

Post a Comment