Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Living Room Turned Disco Club

Hi hi!

Okay, so the title may be a bit of a stretch, but I did want to show off a recent facelift we gave our living room.
Behold!

Man, my cell phone's camera is crappy, but you get the idea ;)
Ugh, and ignore the basket of laundry and Dash darting onto the scene, ha!

Three strings of rainbow twinkle lights strung all the way around the living room~~~!!

The joyous effect is not captured in this photo, but trust me it is fun times here at Chateau Dashiell

How did I come by them, you ask? Why they were courtesy of...the curb!
That's right, thanks to the magic that is the unspoken yet reliably present Free Stuff on the Curb system, I scored three fully functioning beautiful cords of twinkle lights. :)

I know I am going to sound like a broken record saying this, but I just love Gift Economies like this!!
Being able to salvage someone's unwanted items to bring light (literally!) into my home, to save it from the landfill and save my money for other things (like education, travel, and good food! :D )

It's not much but it's an example of little things that bring joy to my life~

And with that, I must peel off to complete a deadline.
So until next time, take care and Happy Living Room Turned Disco Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment