Thursday, May 16, 2013

Drive Less Connect!

Hey, everybody!

I have some cool news to share with you~!
For the past two weeks, I've been participating in an "alternative transportation" campaign in Corvallis called "Get There!" that uses Drive Less Connect to track your trips and challenge yourself to take alternative means rather than driving or at least driving solo. It shows you the benefits of using non-automobile methods of transportation from money saved, to pounds of CO2 avoided, to gallons of gasoline conserved.

Being a freelancer who works from home, by logging all of my "teleworking" sessions, I have apparently saved $9000 on gas and over 25,000 pounds of CO2! Hurray!!
Also, I've been even more dedicated to walking, bicycling, or taking the bus despite our recent car purchase.

I think this is a great campaign that more local communities should try to adopt.
And they even sweetened the deal to participate by having daily prize drawings and giveaways.
I don't know how many Corvallis members have been logging their trips, but I had the good fortune to actually be a winner~!

I won a bicycle helmet from Corvallis Cyclery - yay local business!!!! :D

My current helmet is at least 7 years old and has been dropped so many times I have been doubting its effectiveness in protecting my skull...
Don't get me wrong, I won't be trashing it when the new one comes in, but it will be nice to have a real legitimate helmet that I keep in good shape and can wear with confidence. :)

Thank you to the folks from the Get There! campaign~! :)
I will be posting about the helmet when it comes in too.
Until then, take care and please Drive Less & Connect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment