Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Celebration

Greetings one and all~!


Happy belated Mother's Day to you all.
Yesterday, Dash treated me to many a good thing in honor of my motherhood ;)

Firstly, we had french toast for breakfast -- made extra special because he used heavy cream in place of milk, and farm fresh eggs that our friends dropped off for us (30 in all~!) Gorge fest~!!!

Then, we went to church which is always refreshing~~~

After that, we had a picnic lunch at a friend's house and Dash ordered sushi from a Japanese joint downtown. Sushiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a fun time and just how I'd wanted to spend the day. :)

Despite how great it was, I don't have any photos from that to share.
Today, I am going to share with you what Ella Rose's preschool did in honor of all the mamas last Thursday.

We were invited to come at 12:30pm and this was the sight that greeted us:

The walkway strewn with pink and white blossoms~!
Passing through the gate, we then entered the backyard where all the children were seated in a large circle and chanting a beautiful song about mamas. Truth be told, I don't remember the words, but it was lovely and meditative and already had me wanting to tear up. Such a lovely scene, all the children sitting on the sun-dappled grass, holding corsages that then pinned to us when we settled in next to them.

This was in the center of the circle. Just a lacy cloth with blossoms sitting on top~~
After we got our corsages, they then treated us to peach tea and scones they had baked especially for us!

The table of goodies, complete with bouquet in vase~!
I favored the lemon-poppy seed scones
 
There was some more singing, though I don't remember when that happened...
Either way, after we'd eaten, Ms. Christine passed around all the gifts that they children had so lovingly made for us. They were wrapped in beautiful tissue paper and tied with yarn:

Ella could barely keep from spilling the beans about the contents.

And look what was inside!

Laminated bookmarks featuring Ella's art!
And on the back sides...

Quotes of what Ella Rose wishes for me ♡


 In case you can't make them out, they read as follows:

- I wish that all the friends in the whole wide world are safe.
- I wish for my mom to have a safe and warm garden like she wants to.
- My wish that I'm happy even when I'm lonesome about my Mama and Daddy.

As you can imagine, they were making me pretty teary to read~~ ;_____;
So precious and something that I will definitely hold onto for a long long time (aka forever)
We went around the circle of mamas and children to have everyone read aloud one of their child's wishes, and they were all pretty darn cute.

And to top it all off! The mamas were also presented with scarves that the children had dyed all by themselves in colors that they knew their mamas would love. Hence the pink/purple/blue beauty you see below~

I love scarves~!

I felt bad that I immediately had to flee to do some work, but I wore the corsiage Ella had made me in my hair and thought often and fondly of her until I got to see her again.

I love this girl ♡♡♡



Thanks for making that funny scowl for our finale photo, Ella!!

Well, that's all for now.
I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day and have another great year of parenthood.
Until then, take care and Happy Mother's Day Celebrations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment