Saturday, May 18, 2013

Super Relaxing Days

'All 'allo,

Yesterday and today have been veeeeery relaxed days.
Like, the most relaxed for me in weeks.

On Friday, I brought the kids to the park to meet up with some Peach Blossom friends. The weather was a mix of rain and sun, but the kids still had a great time. The slide, in particular, was the center of attention for Ella who used to be really fearful of it. So that was a good hurdle crossed~!

At home, I gave them a warm bath, warm lunch, and then nursed William to sleep while Ella went off to play at her friend's house for the remainder of the afternoon/evening. The entire time that William slept  (4 hours!!!) I just lounged in bed next to him watching shows on Netflix. Namely, Bob's Burgers and Archer. Not classy at all and completely indulgent. And I loved it!! :D

Then dinner was pizza, and I helped myself to Dash's chocolate stash + wine...and was asleep by 9:30. Can anyone say "well rested"??

On Saturday, the weather was just as crummy, but after a whopping pancake breakfast (by yours truly), I biked the kids to this "Disaster Preparedness Fair" held at a local elementary school where we built an earthquake-proof structure made of straws and tape; scored some flashing red bike lights; and generally had a good time. At home, I was determined to have a repeat of yesterday's convenient events, and so tried to "bathe and dine" William into another long slumber...to no avail! >_< It was literally the first time I've ever "fought" to get William asleep, and that's all I devoted myself to from 2pm until 6pm when we finally had dinner. I'd still count it as relaxing, though, since most of the "fighting" involved lying in bed and trying to persuade William to join me.

You know what made it so difficult? It's that William can all of a sudden reach/manipulate the door handle to let himself out of the room even when I've shut the door firmly!! Before, he would pull on the door stop if it was a slightly ajar, but otherwise would be trapped in the room when I closed it completely. I will videotape him doing it to show it as proof. @_@

Oh! I should mention that I did get to do this nifty project with Ella that involved making music with ordinary drinking glasses:

Food coloring made for a rainbow~!

I was inspired by something I saw in Turtle magazine which we had checked out from the library. With some glasses, water, and a spoon, your kiddo can not only make cool music but learn about the relationship between speed of vibrations and pitch of sound.

To cap off the day, William fell asleep early at 8pm and I was able to continue watching Archer on Netfllix until midnight. God, such a crude show but with dialogue I find so hilarious~~~

And so rounds out a very relaxing couple of days. I really ought to take better advantage of William's sleeping time to get things done on my ever-growing To Do List... But I think I deserved at least two days of utter and complete indulgence. Don't you?

How about ya'll? You been keeping it relaxing too? Maybe it's the sudden shift in weather from summery to autumn-like again, but however you are choosing to spend it, do what is best to take care of yourselves, ya' hear? ;)

Until next time, take care and Happy Super Relaxing Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment