Monday, February 25, 2013

50 Fairy Things

Greetings once more~!

So despite this head cold, Ella Rose and I were actually able to get a wee bit of creative crafting done of late.
It's a decorate wall hanging that doesn't serve much purpose, but was made of completely reclaimed materials and now fills what used to be quite a blank space on her playroom wall:

Pardon the crummy photo quality, I used my webcam

I did the line work and cut out the flowers and Ella did all the coloring.
It doesn't look like much, but it's quaint and charming in real life -- come by and check it out! ;)

Also, by "reclaimed materials" I mean that the paper used to construct it came from the backs of a couple of notepads I once had. You know how notepads typically come with a hard piece of board on the back? Well, instead of toss those boards, I've been saving them...and for good reason, too, it seems!
And the embroidery floss is from my stash bought at Goodwill.

Anyway, I can't take credit for this idea.
No, it came from a book I got from my MIL last Christmas called "50 Fairy Things to Make & Do"
It combines two big things in our household: fairies and making!!

I have to say, we've really gotten into this little book, and of the 50 projects in it, we've done at least twelve of them. Most of them involve drawing techniques, paper cutting, and simple materials like tin foil and pipe cleaners.
But they are very sweet and some time I will have showcase all our creations (though a number of them have gone to other people as gifts ;) )

So, if you see this little book in the store or anything, pick it up! It is just easy enough for your toddler/preschooler to really help out with.
A great gift from my MIL, thanks!!

Until next time, take care and Happy Fairy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment