Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pumpkins

Howdy all!

Today we had some fun with pumpkins that we bought waaaaaay back in October.
My god, pumpkins are immortal.
One was for eating and the other for playing and they are just as good as the day they came home.
Behold:

Pumpkin #1

Became Pumpkin Soup!
Using a recipe from the Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant cookbook, I cooked up a huge batch of pumpkin soup (for the first time in my life, me thinks!)
I only used 1/4 of it and still it made so much soup!!

Yes, that is my hand/camera reflected in the soup. Weird...

Delicious and copious enough to eat as leftovers on Thursday (is the plan)


  
Pumpkin #2

 
This little beauty became a coach for Cinderella!

Mmm...blurry.

Some empty spools and rubber bands = a golden chariot
I knew saving those empty spools would come in handy some day! Now to figure out what to do with the other dozen or so I still have...heh.

Well, now our home is officially squash-free.
Last night, I cooked up a squash our friend grew and gave to us some time in the fall.
I swear, I am completely in awe of squash now!!

Do you have any pumpkins left from autumn season?
If so, how are you going to use them up??

Til next time, take care and Happy Pumpkins!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome!!! Turning a pumpkin into a chariot!??!!? Too creative! And bravo for cutting up that pumpkin. Pumpkins are HARD mo-fos!

    ReplyDelete