Monday, February 11, 2013

Glorious Teething Necklace

Good evening, friends:

So I usually am not one to promote baby products (in fact the point of this blog was to demonstrate how little one really needs to raise a happy/healthy child).
But truth be told, there are some things that have come my way that have made parenting easier.
Item #1 is the Moby Wrap which I will have to demonstrate some time.
Item #2 is the newly found teething necklace.

Lent to me by the lovely Sophie, this charmer is just what the doctor ordered for William's pain-ridden teething. Ella Rose's teeth came in with no such discomfort, but William is a whole other story. I can feel the frustration emanating from him when his gums are particularly painful.
But this has solved all this problems:

From the creator's Etsy page
It's called an "Etno Mama Nursing Necklace" and it's by KangarooCare. The owner is from Estonia and her skillz are the real deal.

Apple wood beads with tough thread crocheted over them tightly to form these delectably gnaw-inducing teething nodes. The apple wood gives off such a lovely scent and the thread feels so satisfying to William, I can just visualize the fine layers of cells giving way on his gums to let his teeth through.

Workin' 'em goooood.
And the necklace Sophie lent me comes in the delicious colors of avocado, forest, and mint green. Mmm!

Okay, I look like a freak.
 Isn't that a happy little boy? :)
I, on the other hand, look like I'm in pain or something.
But William here looks like he could be selling something on TV. Like, "Aaaah, nothing hits the spot like apple wood beads. Thanks, Mom".

And with that, I bid you a good night and hope your teeth aren't bothering you!
Take care and Happy Teething!!

2 comments:

  1. Now can I justify one without a teething baby just because it is cute :)?

    ReplyDelete