Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day Cake

G'daaaaay!

And Happy Valentines Day ♡

Today I'd like to share with you the special cake that Ella Rose and I baked for the occasion.
The recipe was by no means ours. I merely plugged in "valentines day cake" into allrecipes.com and we followed this nifty recipe video!

If you've never watched a video to follow a recipe, I would highly recommend it!
It was a first for us too, and very effective.

Anyway, the one thing we did that made the cake somewhat personalized was "masqued powdering" as I like to call it.
Here's what we did:

Cut out shape from paper and lay on cake

Sprinkle powdered sugar all over the cake

Peel away the paper cut-out and enjoy the resulting effect!
It's definitely not rocket science, but it's really very easy and satisfying.
Ella's very excited about her Valentines Day cake which we will be eating for a while, me thinks ;)

Until next time, take care and Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment