Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 New Year's Resolutions

Iiiiit's that time of year again.
Time to find a good excuse to "reinvent" myself in away - ha!
As usual, I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish this year.
But first, a review of how 2012's resolutions went:

[x] keep up on the news
[x] get more green plants in the house
[x] get pre-pregnancy body back (and then some)
[ ] read one survival-related book a month
[ ] watch one survival-related movie a month
[x] "beautify" the upstairs (curtains, etc)
[ ] master the cable technique in knitting
[ ] knit something for the baby
[x] wear scarf-shawls more regularly
[x] establish more community
[x] get Ella to sleep on her own (for real)


Yaaay! Not too bad!
But, as I did last year, I feel I should explain the ones that didn't get x'd:

[ ] read one survival-related book a month -- I started somewhat strong on this one...but then it petered out after William arrived. Go figure! Well, at least Dash got me a subscription to Mother Earth News, so that counts for something, right? Assuming I actually find time to read through the issues - zoinks!

[ ] watch one survival-related movie a month -- Dash and I actually had a "Survival Sunday" thing going on where we would watch a (somewhat) survival-related movie Sunday nights. Again, with baby #2 that has pretty much dissipated. A couple of movies over the past year that I recall us watching was "A Boy and His Dog" (questionable~) and "The Post Man".

[ ] master the cable technique in knitting -- how did this one pass me by?? I just need to sit with a friend who knows this and learn it. >_<

[ ] knit something for the baby -- can you believe I missed this one too? For shame! I knitted that wool soaker last last summer, but that can't count. Maybe I'll do (surprise, surprise) legwarmers! Then again, I am so stocked with wool yarn so something I felt might do too!

Besides that, I am pretty pleased and feeling like 2013's goals will definitely happen.
Here goes!!

[ ] read the newspaper(s) daily
[ ] be car-free at least 4 days a week
[ ] get Ella to sleep in her own bed
[ ] try a different church every Sunday
[ ] keep on top of things better (housecleaning, etc)
[ ] blog every day
[ ] make a garden
[ ] floss every night
[ ] get William out of diapers

This list is different from years past in that there is no mention of anything fitness nor knitting related.
Not to say those are going by the wayside, no no!

As the year goes on I will let you know if any of these things come to pass or completely go out the window
For starters, I am going to mark on my calendar with a little red dot every day that I have to use the car. Hopefully, at the end of this month, I will remember to tally them all up and report it here to see how that car-free goal is doing.
And I have posted these goals up on my billboard right in front of me and my laptop.

Well! Until then, g'night and Happy Resolutions~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment