Monday, January 28, 2013

Ella Rose's Drawings

Hey hey,

Good morning, this rainy winter morning.
As you can imagine, the weather these days has been keeping us indoors quite a lot, as I'm sure it has many of you too.
One of our favorite indoor activities (be it rainy or sunny) is drawing.
You've all seen Ella Rose enjoying her chalkboard and it's definitely visited daily, but we've also been focusing more colored pencils these past months. When I visited my mom back in November, I pillaged the drawers in my room for art supplies and brought back a pretty extensive collection of colored pencils! Here are some "masterpieces" she's made these days:

"Princess Jasmine with a cat" -- love the slippers!!
A mermaid -- she draws these a lot
A fairy -- also popular these days
Sailor Moon!!! Yes, I've let her watch the movies. She is her mother's daughter after all. ;)

You may also noticed some letters on her drawings -- she is eating up letters and simple spelling so much recently. I promise I will record some spontaneous drawing challenges for you to see her spell on the fly - buya.
Yes, I am a shamelessly proud mama. Take it!! :D

Also! For your piece of mind and mine, her drawing paper is always scrap paper, using the backs of anything from printed contracts to junk mail. And a friend has recently agreed to bring us scrap paper from his job soon too. Look forward to it!
 
Until then, take care and Happy Drawing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment