Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Crafty/Productive Weekend

Word up, everyone~

This has been a rather good weekend, in terms of getting things done that I've been meaning to.

Firstly, I made a wallet for myself.
Just a cheap little thing using packing tape, Japanese paper (the pretty 和紙 kind), and black electric tape for the border.
I had made one back in college, but then referred to this gal's tutorial for a refresher.

Knitted Totoros courtesy of my very talented friend, Sara T!


I also finally got around to "polishing" William's papasan-walker.
Using scrap material, I made all the joints of the walker a different texture, so hopefully he'll enjoy that~

 
Kathy-neechan was also so kind as to send a package of unused jewelry for Ella Rose, among them a locket necklace in the Gothic Lolitastyle.
Since mama now has a picture-locket (best Christmas gift from Dash ever!!), she wanted one for herself. So this is what we decided to put in it:

It's herself! Ella Rose when she was 8 months and then 3.5 years

Last but not least, I reorganized my fabric stash.
No photos for that, because it's not all that much to look at~ {:)

Also, since today was Sunday was went to another Church!
This time, it was the Baptist one on the corner of 11th & Monroe.
I feel I didn't get a fair sense of it because I had a cranky-teething-shouldbesleeping-William with me...

Oh, well!
All in all, a pretty swell weekend (so far!!)
Maybe we'll watch a musical as a family tonight after dinner. We'll see.

Until tomorrow, A Happy Crafty Weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment