Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Scootin' in the New Year!

Greetings, all!

Yes, I am back from the dead.
No, really I am so sorry for the long silence, but as you all know...I gave birth to my second child!
A son! His name is William León Dashiell and he was born on April 16, 2012 -- just two weeks after my last post here in March. A whopping 8 lb 15 oz, he's the spitting image of Ella Rose, albeit it larger and a touch blonder~?
Anyway, you can see for yourself below:

Here he is from the summer... Maybe 4 months old?


Yep, so wow -- 8+ months has flown by so quickly!
He's at the crawling and coasting stage right now, and all his other little "milestones" were pretty much in tune with Ella's -- sitting in his 4th month, crawling in his 6th. Except for the teeth, they came in at 8 months, whereas Ella's came in at 9 months. Oh, those teeth...ouch >_<

But anyway! Speaking of coasting, I did a little "crafting" today to aid him in his desire to walk.

It all started with a papasan base:

Found on the side of the road. Score!!

I attached some fabric to the bottom to make it glide smoothly, and then around the top for "grips":

Super quick and dirty...polished version coming soon ;)

Here he is in action!




I think he really likes it!
Back in our old apartment, Ella Rose loved using the base of our papasan to scoot around the carpet on, so this is the William version I guess. We'll see if he'll be walking in his 9th month too from it! :D
As you can tell, he's a pretty verbal little guy. "Mama" and "Dada" are his big ones, though he's been known to say "Pee-pee" too (yaaaay!)

Also! So it's a new year, and here I am writing on the first of January.
Can you guess why that is?
That's right! It's one of my New Year Resolutions!!!
So if all goes well, you should be seeing a post from me every single day. I'll try to do photos, but I will admit, I can see me just popping in for a quick sentence or two as a way to fulfill the daily quota ;)

Until tomorrow, then.
Tata and Happy Scooting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment